Call: (888) 285-3545


A photo of hands using a laptop keyboard

What happens if my background is incorrect?

If a consumer wishes to dispute part of or the entirety of their report, the consumer may:

1. Call: 540.450.2250

2. Email:

3. Fax your request: 888.285.3625 ATTN: Disputes-{your name here}

4. Write to us: 3052 Valley Ave Suite 201, Winchester, VA 2260

So, what happens next?

  1. OneSource Inc will review the provided information and begin the dispute process.
  2. You and the client requesting the background check will receive correspondence that the process has begun, along with a copy of the original report, FCRA Summary of Rights and Remedying the Effect of Identity Theft.
  3. Once the disputed items have been researched, the dispute team will determine if the information was accurate as reported or in need of amendments.
  4. You and the employer will receive correspondence that the process has been completed, documentation providing an explanation of the decision, and a copy of the final report.

How long will this take?

In accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act {15 U.S. Code ยง 1681}, all disputes must be resolved in 30 days or less.

(In certain circumstances where additional information is provided after a dispute reinvestigation is opened, the resolution may be extended for up to 15 days).

OneSource Inc will make every effort to resolve the dispute in the shortest possible timeframe.

Contact a screening consultant

Sign Up for our Newsletter + Service & Compliance Updates